Monday, January 18, 2016

The woes of a gas stove.


(Kimono & Sandals: Pull&Bear, Jeans: Zara, Clutch: Vintage)


Husband and I have been quite the busy bee's lately with planning, organizing, scheduling, working (all the aforementioned things could have been summed up with just working but I'm a repeater....) And I guess my brain's decided it's just too much and really needs a holiday because it has left the vicinity. I could embarrass myself with the long list of ridiculous things I've been accidentally doing since my brain waved me bon voyage but I wouldn't want to embarrass myself to the point of no return, bore you with all the details. I'll just share one so I'm still somewhat endearing and you can write sweet comments like, HA! Do that all the time,  and I'll be like Good I'm not alone, because I mean who hasn't almost killed their family before, right? 

We have a gas stove imported from beautiful, not so up on safety codes, Egypt and though it's been a charm since we bought it, the lighter on the dang thing doesn't really work all the time, so we have to light the gas manually. In walks me, brainless woman, lighter in hand. I put said lighter to the stove, light it up, turn on the gas and wait... and wait... and wait... and waiiiiiitttt... It's ok if I don't actual disclose the number of minutes waited, right? 
Suddenly I realize I'm holding the gas switch to the oven, not the stove top, which is why the room is smelling like quite a bit of gas and I have an open flame. 

This isn't an isolated incident either, me and gas energized products that need to be operated manually don't have the best track record. So in summation, my husband should probably cook dinner tonight and I need a nap. 






1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you realized you were holding the gas switch to the oven, and I’m guessing it did not take long to put out the open flame. I hope you were able to invest in a stove that you do not need to manually light, so you do not have to wait to light the gas to cook on your stove.

    ReplyDelete