Saturday, February 20, 2016

Be quiet Ash, be still, and trust.





Lately the Lord has been sharing verses with me about covering my mouth and pouring out my heart to Him. For me this is a really hard concept... to not say something, to not intervene, it seems counter productive on all fronts. I'm the type of person who loves to act, do, resolve now, and SPEAK.
But maybe God wants to silence me, maybe He wants to teach me to close my mouth, hold my tongue, and wait patiently on Him.
To be still and know that He is God.

That's probably one of the most challenging commandments the Lord gives us (me!) In the midst of the chaos, in the midst of the pain, in the valley of valleys, in the heart of the storm, when my heart is breaking and fear is overpowering me, drowning beneath the waters, that's when He wants me to stop, to meditate, to give it all to Him, pour out my heart to Him.... and that's it, just pour it out and leave it there, and know He's God.

My heart feels anxious even talking about the idea, does anyone feel it with me? Just the idea of letting go and letting God. At least for me personally, it seems nearly an impossible task, yet it's what God wants.
So often my mind is running in a thousand different directions, so many thoughts, so many concerns, so much anxiety...
Be still Ash, shut your mouth, quiet your heart, stop running to your husband, stop complaining, nagging, worrying, slow down, breath, BE STILL, Know that I am GOD. 

Pour out your concerns and your worries, your anxieties, your hurts that can't be healed, your problems that aren't being fixed, your absolutely unknown future, lay them at Jesus' feet and trust that He'll take them all up in His mighty hands and that He'll make you into a better person, a better wife, a better follower of Him. He'll solve your problems and ease your fears, He'll sort out your future and heal your broken heart... You need only to trust that if you be still, if you pour out your heart before Him and seek out no other fix in your own strength, if you stop and trust and be still... He will meet you.
He's the answer to everything you're struggling with.

I just love the verses the Lord shared with me today that made me realize I need to stop talking and trust Him...


Psalm 142,2 &141,3
"I pour out my complaint before Him, I declare before him my trouble... Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth, keep watch over the door of my lips."

Psalm 62,8 "Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before him. God is a refuge for us. Selah."

and obviously Psalm 46,10a "Be still and know that I am God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment